Region IV Safety Professional of the Year Award
Purpose: To achieve public and industrial awareness and recognition for Region IV of the American Society of Safety Professionals and pay tribute to the outstanding accomplishments of Society professionals engaged in the broad field of occupational safety and health.
To be eligible for the Region IV Safety Professional of the Year Award the nominee must:
- Be a Professional Member or Member of the Society
- Be engaged in full time employment in the broad profession of occupational safety and health.
- Not have received this award within the past five years.
- Be an active dues-paying member of a Region IV Chapter.
- This award is based on the nominee’s past five (5) years activities only.
- Has the applicant demonstrated technical expertise in the broad occupational safety/health field, indicating thorough knowledge of the operational aspects of his/her employment position?
- Has the applicant demonstrated special or outstanding contributions to the advancement of the Region IV or the Society?
- Has the applicant made professional contributions to advance the Safety Profession, such as fostering professional development of members, public service, lecturer or instructor at educational institutions, involvement in codes and legislation, articles written, work with allied groups, etc?
- Has the applicant received any awards for safety activities, citations, honors plus inventions, new ideas, systems and philosophies developed?
- Other personal accomplishments in safety and health not classifiable.
- Endorsements by superiors and verifications by associates, in the form of letters on appropriate stationery from employer.
- Must be nominated by a Professional Member, Member or Associate Member in good standing of the Region.
- Nomination forms must be submitted by November 1.
- The nominations will be reviewed by the Awards and Honors Committee in November.
- The SPY Award will be presented at the March Region IV PDC.
Past Region IV SPY Award Winners
- 2016-2017: Danny Callies, Alabama
- 2015-2016: Bob Fitzgerald, CSP, CHST, Alabama
- 2014-2015: Andrea Ball, CSP, Central Florida
- 2013-2014: David O. Barr, CSP, Mobile
- 2012-2013: R. Steven Willis, CSP, Alabama
- 2011-2012: Martha Bidez, Ph.D., Alabama
- 2010-2011: Stephen Brown, North Florida
- 2009-2010: Heather Earl, Central Florida Chapter
- 2008-2009: Jeff Spackman, Central Florida Chapter
- 2007-2008: Pamela B. Perrich, CIH, Pensacola Chapter
- 2006-2007: Virginia Ames, Alabama Chapter
- 2005-2006: Frank J. Lakotich, CSP, Alabama Chapter
- 2004-2005: Brett T. Beoubay, CSP, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter
- 2003-2004: John S. Fleming, Jr., South Florida Chapter
- 2002-2003: Glenn Young, CSP, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter
- 2001-2002: D. Michael Parker, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter
- 2000-2001: Donald S. Jones, Sr., CSP, P.E., Greater Baton Rouge Chapter
- 1999-2000: Deborah Mitchell, South Florida Chapter
- 1998-1999: Edwin P Granberry, Jr., BCFE, CPC, FAIC, OHST, Central Florida Chapter